Washington, May 18 (ANI): Researchers from the University of Southern Denmark showed in 2008 that the drug thioridazine, which has previously been used to treat schizophrenia, is also a powerful weapon against antibiotic-resistant bacteria such as staphylococci (Staphylococcus aureus).
Antibiotic-resistant bacteria is a huge ...
A May 5 letter ("Gun laws won't stop criminals") from Greg Perrine of Reedsville was less than honest in replying to an earlier writer's view that "90 percent of Americans support the Manchin/Toomey plan for background checks on all gun-purchases." Perrine cited information from the "Buckeye Firearms Institute" to claim "90 percent of police ...
Karen Moore, R.N., Wellness Clinic manager, takes Paul Cesarano's blood pressure recently at the Peace River Wellness Clinic in Lakeland. The center is integrating behavioral health and physical ...
Woman accused of leaving son in roadA 33-year-old Ocala woman was arrested by Ocala police officers on Saturday morning, accused of leaving her 4-year-old son in a stroller in the middle of the road while she argued with the occupants of a residence on Southwest Ninth Road, according to authorities.Officers received a call about a woman quarreling with some people in the 1900 block of Southwest ...
Speaking as advocates for thousands of incarcerated Kansans, four former inmates this weekend called for broad changes to the Kansas prison system to help nonviolent drug offenders get treatment and deter relapses.David Wilkinson spent six months in prison after he was convicted twice of cocaine possession. After his first release, he said, he was put on a waiting list for a spot in a drug ...
9°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the SSE at 4 MPH
The Last Samurai
Edward Zwicks The Last Samurai is about two warriors from extremely different cultures who start out as enemies, find that they share much in common ideologically, and end up fighting side-by-side in a losing battle in which the only victory they care about is maintaining their honor. ...
Valerie Early, LPN, left, talks with DeShannon McNeil, administrative officer, about their tele-health system at the Veterans Affairs Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Ocala, Fla., on Wednesday, May 15, 2013. McNeil says the clinic serves 9,000 veterans in Marion County and sees an estimated 120 patients every ...
Ed Rendell during a rally to push for new state gun laws at the Capitol in Harrisburg, Pa. The former Philadelphia police officer once hailed as a hero and given a seat next to the first lady at a speech by President Obama has been arrested and charged with rape and other crimes for an alleged Thursday, May 16, 2013 incident. (AP Photo/Jason ...
Edgar Gonzalez botched a would be 1-6-3 double play. However, as bleak as it looked for that moment, fans were able to let out a temporary sigh of relief after Gonzalez recovered to strikeout Neil Walker for a huge second out. Gonzalez then made the biggest pitch of the game, getting Russell Martin to hit a weak fly ball into short right field for what should have been the third and final out ...
Chinese authorities say rainstorms that battered southern China this week have killed 55 people and left 14 others missing. The Chinese Ministry of Civil ...
Kris Parker is a licensed mental health counselor with more than 20 years experience in human services and three years of experience in providing supportive psychotherapy to people experiencing relational problems, grief, depression and ...
They Said It
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Paihia Beach Resort And Spa, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Driving along the main coastal highway, on the edge of the main township of Paihia, in the heart of the ...Keep reading
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Dublin NewsDublin News | Breaking News from Dublin and Ireland
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Dublin news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Dublin Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Dublin.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Dublin weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Dublin Sun is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
The Irish Minister for Justice and Equality, Alan Shatter Wednesday published the report he received from the Garda Commissioner into allegations which were made of improper cancellation of fixed charge notices by some members of An Garda Siochana.
The Minister also published a report by the Garda Professional Standards Unit of an examination of the processes and systems in place to deal with the cancellation of Fixed Charge Notices.
"Since controversy arose relating to the cancellation of Fixed Charge Notices, I have been committed to ensuring the maximum transparency possible with regard to the publication of any report furnished to me of any investigation conducted into allegations made," Shatter said Wednesday. "An Garda Siochana holds a position of enormous trust and responsibility in our communities and it is of paramount importance that the public can be confident that the Garda Fixed Charge Notice system is, and is seen to be, fair and impartial and that any allegation of wrongdoing by a member of An Garda Siochana is treated seriously and properly investigated."
"I took extremely seriously allegations of improper cancellation of Fixed Charge Notices made against some members of An Garda Siochana," the minister continued." ...
- Colm Piercys Digiweb is now worth €120m-plus after Viatel merger deal
- Social Networks For Business Time To Hang Out On Google +
- Verizon Galaxy S4 starts shipping early
- Review Blood Dragon a blast of pure 80s mayhem
- Exploring the artsy side of 3D printing
- In our opinion Frances B. Monsons unwavering legacy of service
- Editorial Upgrade protections of digital records
- Editorial Preschool benefits trickle up
- Blocking Syrian Refugees Isn’t the Way
- Is This the Most Disgusting Atrocity Filmed in the Syrian Civil War
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- Jenny Mccarthy flashes boobs on TV after accepting Lil Jons dare
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- `The Voice loses Shakira gets Christina Aguilera back
- Fall TV news and Arrested Development returns TV Talk this week
- Spanish surplus figures improve
- Letta may abolish unpopular taxes
- Facebook IPO investors yet to signal whether they are fans
- Grayken feels heat to appoint successor
- Austerity is dead markets bet on red
- Wall Street needs to pay its fair share
- China to issue 20 bln yuan in 50-year T-bonds
- Breaking the Bonds of Biological Parenthood
- The Bank of Israel will purchase foreign exchange in order to offset theeffect of natural gas production on the exchange rate
- The Winklevoss twins are Bitcoin bulls
- U.S. Congress questions Google Glasss privacy safeguards
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for a billion dollars
- Editorial Google could do itself some good
- Eric Schmidt defends Googles tax affairs following Commons criticism
- The Hangover actor engaged
- My dads cancer diagnosis inspired my healthier diet says Gwyneth Paltrow
- At least 30 countries in Africa at risk of yellow fever WHO
- Cancer survivor exudes calm in Legislature’s budget battles
- Premiums under new health-care law remain about the same
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Dublin News headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Cabinet allowed Seanad reform Bill to advance because it had little choice
- Needs of children trumped by politics and economics
- Denmark crowned Eurovision champions
- London jewel thief wife dead in murder-suicide
- Pope Francis Names Irish Priest as Bishop of Kerry