A parade in the US state of Virginia has been ended by an horrendous car crash. Over 50 people were injured in an incident where a car ploughed into the crowd whose members had been hiking through the area. More than a dozen people were seriously injured in the crash, which took place during the Trail Days festival in the town of Damascus in northern Virginia. Ambulances ferried the ...
Israel has warned Russia about sending arms to Syria. Justice Minister Tzipi Livni has spoken on Channel Two television's Meet the Press to condemn shipments of arms from Russia that she said may be used against Israel. She said: "These are not just any weapons, they are tie-breakers, and that's why there is a responsibility with all world powers, certainly Russia, not to supply such ...
At least eight people have been killed and ten others injured in a bomb attack in the Syrian capital, Damascus. The incident took place in the north of the city, where cars and buildings were set alight by a bomb. The bomb had been concealed in another car which was parked near a school in the Rukn Eddin neighbourhood. Another explosive device was defused by military experts who had ...
Two spies have been hanged in Iran following a Revolutionary Court judgement. Press TV has reported the spies, who worked for the US Central Intelligence Agency and the Israeli spy agency, the Mossad, were hanged at dawn on Sunday. Sentenced to death by the Revolutionary Court, the men have been named as Mohammad Heidari, a Mossad agent and Kourosh Ahmadi, who was convicted of working for ...
BP and Halliburton are being sued by the state of Texas over one of the worst oil spills in US history. Texas has become the latest complainant in allegations that both companies engaged in "misconduct" for their role in the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Four other states that have sued BP and other companies in connection to the spill. Alabama and Louisiana filed complaints in 2010 ...
12°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the WNW at 9 MPH
Louie Bluie [DVD]
Prior to the release of Terry Zwigoffs independently produced documentary Louie Bluie in the mid-1980s, the name Louie Bluie meant little to even dedicated music collectors and the name Howard Armstrong meant even less. When Zwigoff, a musician and rabid collector of 78s, traded so ... ...
England captain Alastair Cook has praised his bowlers Stuart Broad and James Anderson, saying that the duo's combined strikeforce is a major help to his assault on world domination. Former England skipper Nasser Hussain introduced Anderson to Test cricket while English icon Michael Vaughan put him and Broad together to open the bowling attack five years ago in New Zealand, the Mirror ...
The European Union (EU) has appealed to Russia not to introduce a law banning so-called "gay propaganda" . Russia's lower house of parliament, the State Duma, intends to pass a law by the end of the current session (mid-July) banning dissemination of information among minors promoting homosexuality. Amendments will be made May 26-27, after which a working group will compile the draft law along ...
The UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has said that a conference on the Syrian settlement will take place "very soon", possibly at the beginning of June, after consulting UN Security Council permanent members. "As I have been asked by the parties to convene this conference on the auspices of the United Nations, I'm now actively engaging with all the parties I have spoken to: the US, Russia, the ...
Team MRF achieved a 1-2 finish here Sunday with Esapekka Lappi and Gaurav Gill finishing in that order in the International Rally of Whangarei that also doubled up as the first round of the 2013 FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship. Visiting New Zealand for their first time, 22-year-old Finn Esapekka Lappi (co-driver Janne Ferm) led from start-to-finish driving the Skoda Fabia S2000. Lappi ...
A C-130 plane with the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) made a hard landing Sunday in Afghanistan, but there were no casualties, a statement said. The plane landed in Logar province, 60 km south of Kabul, Xinhua cited the ISAF statement as saying. Without providing details, the statement stressed that "there are no casualties, and there was no indication of insurgent ...
They Said It
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Crowne Plaza, Los Angeles International Airport
I needed a hotel overnight near LAX and decided on the Crowne Plaza, a 4 star recently-renovated business class hotel ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Dublin NewsDublin News | Breaking News from Dublin and Ireland
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Dublin news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Dublin Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Dublin.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Dublin weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Dublin Sun is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
A man in his 80s has been killed in a road traffic accident in Co. Kildare.
The man was riding a bicycle when he was struck by a car on the Dublin Road at Clane on Sunday afternoon.
The driver of the car, reportedly in his twenties, attended Naas Garda Station for questioning but left the station on Sunday night without any charges being laid. A post-mortem is expected to be carried out on Monday.
Garda is investigating the death and will prepare a report for the Coroner, and if necessary for the Director of Public Prosecutions.
Gardai have issued an appeal to witnesses to contact the Naas Garda Station on 045 884300, or the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111.
- Hackers target important Saudi websites
- Financial Times allegedly hacked by Syrians
- Oil Holds Above $96 on US Economic Data
- Google Nexus 4 review A killer smartphone
- Yahoo to buy blog-maker Tumblr for $1.1 billion report
- Bad bills keep comin’
- Editorial Its time for the $10 newsstand umbrella
- Editorial State legislators shouldn’t delay budget work
- Egypt’s NGO Funding Crackdown
- Frank Pignanelli LaVarr Webb How will these national scandals affect Utah politics
- Large rally places job demands on Italian government
- EU urges Russia against introducing gay law
- Banks at risk if Scotland becomes independent
- Woah Time to Slow That Yen Fall
- Why IRS investigation is already Obamas Watergate
- Bank of Japan raises economic outlook
- Japanese Market Trades Higher On Wall Street Lead Weaker Yen
- The dilemmas caused by volatile FX and interest rates
- Is Yahoo making a mistake
- India Morning Call-Global markets
- Google whistleblower exposes web giants massive immoral tax avoidance scheme
- Websites that help you to set up a webstore
- Computer visionary says he knows who invented Bitcoin
- Why UK is not feeling lucky with Googles tax behaviour
- Former Google exec says he has 100000 emails showing how immoral company avoids paying UK tax
- New colonoscope could revolutionize colorectal cancer screening
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Angelina Jolie to play own mum in new biopic
- Darker skin also prone to skin cancer
- Medical aid on sail - documenting the boat clinics of Assam
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Dublin News headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Busy weekend for Enda Kenny in United States
- Gardai appeal for information on death of young man in Dublin
- McDowell talks up Rory McIlroy split with Horizon
- G8 summit in Fermanagh will put Northern Ireland under security lockdown
- England boss Roy Hodgsons plea to fans no provocative chants during Wembley game with Republic of Ireland