Nvidia has announced that its Grid virtual GPU technology will be supported by Citrix's Xenserver. Nvidia's GPGPU development has been largely aimed at the high performance computing and academic markets, however the firm is promoting it for the enterprise with its Grid GPU virtualisation technology. The firm announced that Citrix's Xenserver will support virtual machines running ...
AAPL ) taxes Tuesday, the Tea Party candidate from Wisconsin was anything but dumb. In fact, he asked smarter questions that elicited more information about Apple's operations than all the other senators combined. (See C-Span clip below.) It helped, perhaps, that his background is in business (accountant, night-school MBA program, CEO of a plastics manufacturer) not law or politics. But ...
FORTUNE -- It takes ten years to become a New Yorker. There's no official document that says this, and you can argue the point if you like, but among my friends, that's the going wisdom. So, it's official: I offer my congratulations to Google ...
(Credit: Screenshot by Eric Mack/CNET) Google's top dog for last month was, once again, the pitbull. Having taken the title for most-searched breed away from the bulldog in January, the pit has stayed in the top spot for the past four months, but the German Shepherd is looking to make a move after overtaking the Siberian Husky to advance to the No. 4 ...
(Credit: Foursquare) Foursquare released new versions of its iPhone and Android applications to help people narrow their searches and find just the right bar, restaurant, or coffee spot. Application users can now fine-tune their place queries and use the filter button to tick off a number of attributes to find venues that are open now or places where friends have been to in the past. People ...
12°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the WNW at 21 MPH
Modern Times [Blu-Ray]
Although it arrived in theaters in February of 1936, nearly a full decade after The Jazz Singer made its New York debut in October of 1927 and set off an escalating rush in Hollywood to convert to synchronized sound, Charlie Chaplins Modern Times is usually considered the ... ...
a free 100-photo flip-book from Groovebook when you apply coupon code CNETGROOVE at checkout. That's a colossal savings of...wait for it...$2.99! No, seriously. Without that code, a 100-photo flip-book would cost you exactly $2.99. Shipped. What kind of crazy craziness is this? I'll explain. After installing the Groovebook app ...
(Credit: CNET/Marguerite Reardon) LAS VEGAS -- Walmart believes smartphones can deliver the same kind of personalized service that founder Sam Walton embraced with his first store. Where e-commerce brought the store to the Web, smartphones are bringing the Web to physical stores, with each consumer able to access data from their phones, according to Gibu Thomas, head of mobile for ...
Kevin Montgomery . "We are providing worldwide geospatial infrastructure to empower people." Collaborate.org grew out of Intelesense, a company headed by Montgomery that provides monitoring products for wireless sensor networks and a spatial data exchange. Collaborate.org is built ...
(Credit: Twitter) Twitter aims to turn the tweet stream into a more efficient marketing channel with the addition of a new Twitter Card that lets people quickly sign up for advertiser offers or promotions inside tweets. Twitter Cards, also known as expanded tweets, are a 1-year-old feature meant to keep information network users glued to their streams. Cards bring rich media from partners ...
(Credit: Josh Miller/CNET) In response to falling prices, nearly 25 percent of all laptops should have touch screens by 2016, IHS said Wednesday. Windows 8 is the first version of Microsoft's popular operating system that works well with touch. The technology has been promising, and many companies have vowed to make more products with touch screens. But so far, high pricing and low ...
They Said It
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Hawaii Prince Hotel
I took a cab from downtown Waikiki to the Hawaii Prince Hotel. It was only a few minutes, and cost ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Dublin NewsDublin News | Breaking News from Dublin and Ireland
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Dublin news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Dublin Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Dublin.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Dublin weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Dublin Sun is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Irish all-rounder Kevin O'Brien, whose team will face Pakistan in the upcoming two ODI series at home, has said that Saeed Ajmal is a "tricky customer" as well as "one of the best spinners in the world", but admits his team has no specific plans on how to tackle Ajmal in the upcoming matches.
The 29 year-old, who was also part of the side that knocked Pakistan out of the 2007 World Cup in the West Indies, said from a team point of view, defeating Pakistan was more of an achievement than defeating England, reports Pak Passion.
He said that in 2007, the team had a postman, a fireman and some students. They were a bunch of regular people playing in a World Cup, and beating one of the best teams in the world and knocking them out of the World Cup was a great achievement, Kevin said.
An aggressive lower middler-order batsman, Kevin is the holder of the world record for the fastest century ever scored at a World Cup, from 50 balls in Ireland's famous victory over England in the 2011 World Cup.
- Nvidia says next Citrix Xenserver will support virtual machines on Kepler GPUs
- Guess which senator asked Apple the smartest questions
- Its been 10 years Google is officially a New Yorker
- Google Top Charts show worlds searches for whiskey more
- Foursquare gets better at local search with new filters on mobile
- Graduate in four years Yeah right.
- Huntsman calls for crackdown on intellectual property theft says Washington Post
- The war on journalism
- It’s Time for Burma’s President to Act
- How to Close Guantanamo
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Paulina Rubio to be judge on `X Factor
- Fox reality show puts employees at risk of being fired on television
- Fox News poll Obama could have done more to help those in Benghazi
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- U.S. dollar slips against euro after Fed official remarks
- Enemalta told it stood to lose €2 million in pursuing BWSC claim
- FTSE sets new 13-year high
- U.S. dollar slips against euro after Fed official remarks
- Vatican moves to clean up finances
- Stocks rise after Federal Reserve Chairmans stimulus comments
- Li’s visit cements bonds but contention shadows region
- Fitch Confirms AAAF1+ on NY Liberty Devel Corp 2010A-1 Recovery Zone Bonds
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- Researchers identify anti-cancer amino acid fragment
- Grapefruit nanoparticles can deliver anti-cancer drug Study
- Azad meets US Health Secretary Sebelius
- Michael Douglas fights back tears at Cannes
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Dublin News headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Ireland has no strategy to tackle Pakistan spinner Saeed Ajmal
- Unilever Ireland to seek 40 redundancies
- Ireland says does not want to become U.S. whipping boy on tax
- Extra tickets for Donegal in Ballybofey
- Irish PM Kenny defends tax regime