Beijing, May 18 (Xinhua-ANI): U.S. stocks bounced back on Friday to end the week for a fourth straight gain, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S and P 500 closing at all-time highs. The blue-chip Dow surged 121.18 points, or 0.80 percent, to 15, 354.40 points. The broader S and P 500 soared 15.65 points, or 0.95 percent, to 1,666.12 points. The tech-rich Nasdaq Composite leapt 33.73 ...
The Ministry of Finance (MOF) announced Friday that it will issue 20 billion yuan (3.23 billion US dollars) in 50-year book-entry treasury bonds.The issuance marks the ministry's tenth issuance of book-entry treasury bonds this year, according to a statement posted on the MOF website.The interest rate for the bonds is fixed at 4.24 percent.Interest will be paid every half year on May 20 and ...
Defense of Marriage Must Be Merged With Defense of ParenthoodBy Denise Hunnell, MDWASHINGTON, D.C., May 08, 2013 (Zenit.org) - The push to redefine marriage to include relationships between same-sex couples is a movement to abolish the sociological connection between children and their biological parents. It is a movement to destroy the nuclear family. Lesbian journalist and homosexual activist ...
The Bank of Israel will purchase foreign exchange in order to offset theeffect of natural gas production on the exchange rate
The Bank of Israel will purchase foreign exchange in order to offset the effect of natural gas production on the exchange rate 13/05/2013 Natural gas production in Israel is causing an improvement in the current account, which is leading to appreciation pressures on the shekel. This phenomenon, often referred to ...
A few months ago, word spread that the twins, Cameron and Tyler, had set up their own investment firm and decided to focus on a curious market niche: ...
9°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the SSE at 4 MPH
The Last Samurai
Edward Zwicks The Last Samurai is about two warriors from extremely different cultures who start out as enemies, find that they share much in common ideologically, and end up fighting side-by-side in a losing battle in which the only victory they care about is maintaining their honor. ...
California's Fiscally Disciplined Budget Positive Fitch Ratings views California's fiscal 2014 budget as continuing the disciplined approach to fiscal management shown by the state in recent years. California's economic outlook cautiously forecasts that the expiration of the federal payroll tax holiday and federal sequestration cuts will have a modestly negative impact on ...
BarCamp Orlando, an annual technology event, is back in downtown Orlando today. BarCamp is a series of 20-minute talks mostly focused on technologies like Ruby, PHP, Java and C with additional presentations on graphic design, music, photography and other new media for nondevelopers in the audience. The daylong event at Wall Street Plaza is free and open to the public and "to bring people ...
There's no doubt that America is enthralled with Wall Street's big hitters. Many of them lead lives that seem more befitting of rock stars than those of MBAs. Making millions is just one benefit of a career that includes rubbing elbows with the rich and famous. Making it big ...
Facebook's May 18, 2012, IPO, which valued the company at a whopping $104 billion, was more than just a stock offering -- it grew into a cultural and financial phenomenon. But as launches go, this one was a misfire. A software glitch at Nasdaq delayed the IPO by 30 minutes. Worse, investor demand underwhelmed. After pricing at $38, Facebook shares barely got off the ground to close at ...
Expressing surprise over S&P's threat to downgrade India's credit rating, India Inc termed the agency's affirming its negative outlook on the country as unfortunate and ...
They Said It
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Paihia Beach Resort And Spa, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Driving along the main coastal highway, on the edge of the main township of Paihia, in the heart of the ...Keep reading
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Dublin NewsDublin News | Breaking News from Dublin and Ireland
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Dublin news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Dublin Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Dublin.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Dublin weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Dublin Sun is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
The Irish Minister for Justice and Equality, Alan Shatter Wednesday published the report he received from the Garda Commissioner into allegations which were made of improper cancellation of fixed charge notices by some members of An Garda Siochana.
The Minister also published a report by the Garda Professional Standards Unit of an examination of the processes and systems in place to deal with the cancellation of Fixed Charge Notices.
"Since controversy arose relating to the cancellation of Fixed Charge Notices, I have been committed to ensuring the maximum transparency possible with regard to the publication of any report furnished to me of any investigation conducted into allegations made," Shatter said Wednesday. "An Garda Siochana holds a position of enormous trust and responsibility in our communities and it is of paramount importance that the public can be confident that the Garda Fixed Charge Notice system is, and is seen to be, fair and impartial and that any allegation of wrongdoing by a member of An Garda Siochana is treated seriously and properly investigated."
"I took extremely seriously allegations of improper cancellation of Fixed Charge Notices made against some members of An Garda Siochana," the minister continued." ...
- Colm Piercys Digiweb is now worth €120m-plus after Viatel merger deal
- Social Networks For Business Time To Hang Out On Google +
- Verizon Galaxy S4 starts shipping early
- Review Blood Dragon a blast of pure 80s mayhem
- Exploring the artsy side of 3D printing
- In our opinion Frances B. Monsons unwavering legacy of service
- Editorial Upgrade protections of digital records
- Editorial Preschool benefits trickle up
- Blocking Syrian Refugees Isn’t the Way
- Is This the Most Disgusting Atrocity Filmed in the Syrian Civil War
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- Jenny Mccarthy flashes boobs on TV after accepting Lil Jons dare
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- `The Voice loses Shakira gets Christina Aguilera back
- Iraqi violence claims 8 in sectarian strife
- Spanish surplus figures improve
- Letta may abolish unpopular taxes
- India-EU BTIA conclude another round of negotiations
- Winning numbers drawn in Powerball jackpot
- Investigators eye fractured rail in Conn. train crash
- Dow S and P set record highs log 4-week winning streak
- China to issue 20 bln yuan in 50-year T-bonds
- Breaking the Bonds of Biological Parenthood
- The Bank of Israel will purchase foreign exchange in order to offset theeffect of natural gas production on the exchange rate
- The Winklevoss twins are Bitcoin bulls
- U.S. Congress questions Google Glasss privacy safeguards
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for a billion dollars
- Editorial Google could do itself some good
- Eric Schmidt defends Googles tax affairs following Commons criticism
- The Hangover actor engaged
- My dads cancer diagnosis inspired my healthier diet says Gwyneth Paltrow
- At least 30 countries in Africa at risk of yellow fever WHO
- Three companies recall antipsychotic drug quetiapine Health Canada says
- Retirement can damage your health
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Dublin News headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Denmark crowned Eurovision champions
- London jewel thief wife dead in murder-suicide
- Pope Francis Names Irish Priest as Bishop of Kerry
- Constitutional convention rejects motion on Seanad
- Taoiseach to receive doctorate from Boston College