Reuters © Visitors play with Microsoft's Xbox 360 consoles at the Tokyo Game Show in Chiba, east of Tokyo, September 15, 2011. REUTERS/Kim ...
Google Glass, a cross between a mobile computer and eyeglasses that can both record video and surf the Internet, is now available to a select few but is already among the year's most buzz-worthy new gadgets. The device has geeks all aflutter but is unnerving everyone from lawmakers to casino operators worried about the potential for hitherto unimagined privacy and policy violations."I ...
Google Glass, the total power of the web was literally within sight of every conversation. Using a screen positioned just above each wearer's right eye, Glass is able to offer, for now, directions, search results, information, reminders and emails without even the need to reach for a mobile phone. Thanks to its voice-activated camera, a photo or ten-second video is as easy as saying ...
By Alexei Oreskovic SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Google staged four discussions expounding on the finer points of its "Glass" wearable computer during this week's developer conference. Missing from the agenda, however, was a session on etiquette ...
Google Keep note-taking comes to Chrome Ian Ellison-Taylor, Director of Web Platform Product Management, agreed. "We have done a lot of work on performance per tab, and on our own apps, as well," he said. The first steps toward solving the virtual memory problem has been completed, Kay said. They've been able to get a tab to recognize when it's streaming audio. The ...
10°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the WNW at 15 MPH
Crazy Heart [Blu-Ray]
Jeff Bridges has been among the most underappreciated of actors, at least in terms of being showered with awards. Prior to winning the Best Actor Oscar (and just about every other major acting award) for Crazy Heart, he had been nominated four times since his breakthrough role in 1 ... ...
(Credit: Kickstarter) Do you still have your original "Star Wars" action figures? Mine are tucked away in storage, but looking at Rob Burden's artwork makes me want to dig them out. The San Francisco artist is so obsessed with his old "Star Wars" figures that he does 10-foot-tall oil paintings of them, like "The Birth of a Jedi," above. The works ...
Symantec report found that 69% Indians connect to the internet with their mobile phones. As usage increases, so do threats. Last year, across the ...
The bar at top represents entire user population. The left pie chart shows the 6% who are "devoted" to a particular mobile ecosystem. The right pie chart shows the 9% who are merely "loyal." Source: Forrester Research Inc. Click to enlarge. FORTUNE -- According to ...
women to cry at work, share emotions and be honest about their femininity. Sandberg shot to global fame after her the publication of her best-selling book "Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead" which talks about women's career struggles and advises women to "lean in" to reach their potential. It has drawn bouquets from admirers for articulating a new modern feminist ...
Yahoo Japan said it suspected that up to 22 million of its user IDs may have been "leaked" and it detected an unauthorized attempt to access the administrative system of its web portal Yahoo Japan, ...
They Said It
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Paihia Beach Resort And Spa, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Driving along the main coastal highway, on the edge of the main township of Paihia, in the heart of the ...Keep reading
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Dublin NewsDublin News | Breaking News from Dublin and Ireland
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Dublin news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Dublin Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Dublin.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Dublin weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Dublin Sun is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
The Irish Minister for Justice and Equality, Alan Shatter Wednesday published the report he received from the Garda Commissioner into allegations which were made of improper cancellation of fixed charge notices by some members of An Garda Siochana.
The Minister also published a report by the Garda Professional Standards Unit of an examination of the processes and systems in place to deal with the cancellation of Fixed Charge Notices.
"Since controversy arose relating to the cancellation of Fixed Charge Notices, I have been committed to ensuring the maximum transparency possible with regard to the publication of any report furnished to me of any investigation conducted into allegations made," Shatter said Wednesday. "An Garda Siochana holds a position of enormous trust and responsibility in our communities and it is of paramount importance that the public can be confident that the Garda Fixed Charge Notice system is, and is seen to be, fair and impartial and that any allegation of wrongdoing by a member of An Garda Siochana is treated seriously and properly investigated."
"I took extremely seriously allegations of improper cancellation of Fixed Charge Notices made against some members of An Garda Siochana," the minister continued." ...
- New Xbox more than a game console for Microsoft
- Google Glass cool or creepy
- Google Glass the futures in face recognition
- Googles wearable Glass gadget cool or creepy
- Pixels camera failure only one of many
- African Union Don’t Let Them In
- The second-term scandal plague
- How to buy happiness
- Superman a hero with staying power
- Cause for hope -- and fear -- in Pakistan
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- Jenny Mccarthy flashes boobs on TV after accepting Lil Jons dare
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- `The Voice loses Shakira gets Christina Aguilera back
- Aguilera Green back to Voice
- Spanish surplus figures improve
- Letta may abolish unpopular taxes
- Ocado enters sale and lease back deal with Morrisons for Dordon facility
- India-EU BTIA conclude another round of negotiations
- Survey Europes Gays Fear Violence Discrimination
- Dow S and P set record highs log 4-week winning streak
- Making It Big On Wall Street
- Facebooks first year on Wall Street
- India not a cheap mkt currently underweight on equities GMO
- Wall Street Week Ahead Correction talk gets old as rally sails along
- My dads cancer diagnosis inspired my healthier diet says Gwyneth Paltrow
- At least 30 countries in Africa at risk of yellow fever WHO
- 6.4 million Indians suffer from cancer and bronchial diseases
- The Future of American Health Care
- Calif. doctor who promised fake herbal cancer cure sentenced to 14 years in prison
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Dublin News headlines delivered to your inbox.
- ASTI accepts invitation to attend LRC pay talks
- Ireland rugby flyhalf Ronan OGara retires
- Murdered garda honoured at Dublin ceremony
- Organ campaigner Joe Brolly urges law change
- Wallace accuses Shatter of trying to discredit him